- Game-Breaker: Iron Man ends up as this as he tends to have higher fire power and durability.
- Memetic Mutation:
Avengers: You can't escape!
- "AMERICA STILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!" Explanation
Avengers: Where is the laser?!
Ultron: Ask the police!
- Mondegreen: When an Avenger is defeated, he shouts out "I CAN'T LOSE" before losing a life. A lot of people however have mistakenly misheard them as saying "I CAN'T MOVE" instead.
- Narm/Narm Charm:
- The voice acting. It's truly glorious Large Hams all around, but the "Blind Idiot" Translation on screen is often repeated verbatim in said voices, resulting in a very unique mixture of epic and ridiculous.
- The Vision's inexplicably bizarre walking animation, where he moves with a feminine, ballerina-esque gait and folds his hands over his chest like a woman whose brassiere just popped.
- Every single close-up of Red Skull shows him with the goofiest possible look on his face.
- Porting Disaster: The Genesis version is reasonably close to the arcade (despite missing the comic book-style cutscenes), but the SNES version had many problems: Many of the enemies never flinch when they get hit by physical attacks which can result in them getting a cheap shot at you, (The Genesis version kinda has the same problem, but it depends on how you hit them) and enemies can get a few seconds of invincibility, making it even worse. Also, the game is missing numerous voice bytes, replacing them with text boxes.