YMMV: Cannon Fodder
- Awesome Music: The recruitment theme. At first, you wonder what the game is all sad about. Then the gravestones start appearing. And appearing. And appearing.
- Ear Worm: The theme song.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In somewhat of a dark consequence of Self-Insert Fic, you can bring this trope upon yourself if you get RJ killed.
- Porting Disaster: The Game Boy Color version didn't work out very well due to technical limits, although the intro was certainly impressive
- That One Level: 9:2 is just sadistic, and not in a fun way but a boring way. It consists of endless, incredibly slow swimming, with occasional attempts to destroy gun turrets that are pure luck whether you destroy the turret or it shoots you. And you only have one soldier so if he gets killed you have to start the phase again from the start. It's hard to imagine anyone playing it again once they've finally managed to win it.