- Cargo Ship:
- Paolo and his Alfa. He said more than once that he cares more about his car than his own family. He celebrates her birthday (when he doesn't even remember his wife's birthday) and once he felt really guilty for cheating on his Alfa with another car.
- Other examples are Vittorio and his gun or Geller and his notebook.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: many. One example is "La Matrice", Italian for "The Matrix" and a parody of The Matrix (named this way because the Italian title for The Matrix was simply "Matrix"). It involves Luca and Paolo tricking Silvano into thinking he's Neo. All of this, with Luca quoting Trinity and Morpheus' lines, word for word.
- Not to mention the "ultimate joke" (see above). EPIC.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: where to begin? I could simply call this a Crowning Series Of Funny and leave it at that. And now it has it's own page.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: courtesy of Luca of all people.
Anna: "Obviously, my babysitter got away after stealing the only valuable thing I had in my house."Luca: "And she didn't take your children away with her?"
- Draco in Leather Pants: Luca and Paolo, of course. Especially Paolo.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Anna, being also The Woobie (not to mention, a gorgeous Woobie), she's generally well liked and many people complain about her not being part of the show anymore.
- Giovanna, according to pretty much everyone, the hottest woman in the show (and she has a very good competition).
- Olmo, the only character not present in the original French version of the sitcom (since Gabardini originally auditioned for Silvano's role, but instead he was offered the role of Olmo, a totally new character just created by the writers). He's getting more and more screentime especially in season 5.
- Paolo's bratty kids (Brad and Jonathan) and criminal buddies (Pino and Budello) have all their own facebook fan pages.
- Evil Is Cool:
- Andrea all the way.
- Geller would count but really YMMV if he's really evil or just a Magnificent Bastard.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: after this series premiered, there was another series from South America with a certain, ugly "Patty" as its protagonist...
- Hollywood Homely: Anna and Ilaria. NOT Patti, she really does look kind of ugly.
- Idiot Plot: too many to count.
- Ho Yay: the episode "La più bella dell'ufficio" ("The most beautiful one in the office") started with the men writing a sexist "top ten" about the women and ended with The Unfair Sex tricking an half-naked Paolo to fall on top of an half-naked Luca in the bathroom, getting photos of the two together and printing said photos on whatever you can name.
Paolo: "C'mon, you look like Valeria during her period!"Luca: "Hmpf!"Paolo: "Exactly the same!"
- There's a lot of Ho Yay between them- Paolo said at least once "I love you" to Luca, and one episode centers around Paolo moping around because Luca never said that he was his best friend and Luca doing everything to make him happy. As for Luca, well... the times he went into a jealous fit because Paolo was spending more time with somebody else is truly astonishing.
Luca: "I WON. I FOUND SOMEBODY WHO'D GIVE ME A HICKEY WITH LOVE! YES, WITH LOVE! BECAUSE I'M GAY! I'M GAY, I LOVE PAOLO AND HE LOVES ME, RIGHT?!"Paolo: "Well-"Luca: *kisses him*
- Also, this exchange:
- Jerkass Woobie: Everyone. There's not one single person in this show that is completely happy or innocent. The backstabbing, hypocritical, stingy Luca? He's completely alone and more than once he's been manipulated by Paolo into doing what he wants. Why he buys it? Because he's that scared of losing his only friend, that's why. The nice, naive, always bullied Patti? She's actually pretty selfish, can be really cruel and is always ready to criticize Silvano. The real life nightmare fuel that is Gheller? No one wants to celebrate his birthday because everyone thinks that it's a test. In short, everyone is both a Jerkass and a Woobie- they just tend to show more one of those sides in their normal life. The only two people who seem to remain completely innocent are Silvano and Anna- and the first has his moments.
- Nightmare Fuel: When you work in this company, you know that you can trust nobody. Want a coffe? Watch out for Andrea and pray that he doesn't notice you. Need to work late? Good luck explaining that to Vittorio before he tries to shoot you. Doing anything at all? Hope that Geller doesn't read something in it.
- Luca had a truly unsettling moment with Ilaria: she, on a wheelchair because of an accident and upset because no one seemed to miss her, ended the sketch crawling away in fear while Luca, with a psychotic smile on his face, told her cheerfully that she could not run away and that he was so going to get his 'thank you' gift. Dark Comedy? Yes. Completely frightening? Dear God yes.
- Paolo would sometimes set aside his Dumb, Cloudcooklander side in favour of a lovely mix of Dissonant Laughter and Tranquil Fury.
Psychologist: "Well, you'd have much more free time if they fired you, wouldn't you?" *laughs*Paolo: *laughing* "Oh no, if they fire me I go straight to jail."Psychologist: *Wincing* "...Jail?"Paolo: "Yeah... because the day they fire me I'll come here with five tanks of petrol and I will burn down the entire building."
- The Scrappy: Mostly Patti for being ugly (?) and Silvano for being "dumb" (?), but they still have their fans.
- Special Effect Failure: In an episode Luca and Silvano get to look Paolo's missing testicle in a jar. You can clearly see it's a pink balloon.
- What an Idiot: Silvano has his crowning moment of this when he turned down a very attractive girl who genuinely liked him and shared with him the same nerdy hobbies. Why? Because he wanted to be faithful to his pseudo-girlfriend Patti who is ugly, bossy and treats him like crap most of the time.
- The Woobie:
- Anna, Anna, Anna... To give just a small sample: her husband beats her up regularly, she's the only one in the family to have a job, her own son treats her almost as badly as her husband does, nobody in the office finds her sexy (unexplicably) and... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Wanda, most of the time. Patti and Silvano Depending on the Writer.
- Luca. He's completely alone, his wife dumped him, he has no family, no friend other than Paolo and he's unsuccesful with women. Also he was bullied during high school, so much so that he attempted suicide. He might be a short tempered, stingy, backstabbing bastard, but you can't watch "Il compagno di classe" and not feel utterly sorry for him. Ilaria is also a Jerkass Woobie