YMMV: Button's Adventures
Back to the main page
- Broken Base/Love It or Hate It: Button's voice is drawing a lot of mixed responses.
- Dude, Not Funny!: The Gag Dub invokes Button getting molested by his dad.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Hoo boy. The fandom is quite taken with Button's Mom. See Memetic Sex Goddess below.
- Memetic Sex Goddess: Dear sweet Celestia, Button's Mom became one to a degree that she almost completely overshadows her offspring in fanart. On top of that, Word of God says her near-perpetual "bedroom eyes" are intentional.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Pet the Dog: After the cease and desist drama dies down, Hasbro does this. The choice of video is strangely appropriate in a way.
- Ron the Death Eater: Mutton Bash, Button's evil alter ego, partially inspired by the bits of the Gag Dub.
- Ship Tease: Brainfreeze notwithstanding, Button's outing with Sweetie Belle looks very similar to a date.
- It was referred to as a date on the Ask The Crusaders tumblr, which is made by the same guy that made the video. It was the person asking that called it that, but Sweetie Belle didn't object. Also, it has been clear on there for quite some time that Sweetie Belle has a crush on him.
- This also leads into another project from Jan Animations, "Don't Mine At Night" (A song/video parody of Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night", where the two are playing Minecraft together (as a play on Sweetie Belle's voice actress Claire Corlett's own appreciation of the game).
- Speaking of Claire Corlett, she recently posted on her Ask.fm Account that in regards to the Spike-Sweetie Belle ship, "I'm currently dating Button Mash so why would I go to Spike?" which almost counts as an Approval of God, if not Ascended Fanon altogether.
- The Woobie: Very, very little goes right for poor Button Mash, though it's played for comedic effect rather than for drama.