YMMV: But I'm a Cheerleader
- Clueless Aesop: While the film obviously had good intentions, critics from both LGBT and mainstream media have noted that it was too stereotypical. The boys running in particular is ridiculous; no-one runs like that, especially not if they’re running for their lives to avoid a hatchet falling on them.
- Cult Classic: Made next to no money at the box office, but remains popular among LGBT viewers.
- Hilarious in Hindsight/Retroactive Recognition: Seeing Megan suddenly realising she’s gay and receiving warnings about the dangers of the ‘homosexual lifestyle’ is particularly hilarious for anyone who’s watched Orange Is The New Black.
- Ho Yay
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The movie is cute and funny, but places like True Directions actually exist, and they are anything but cute and funny.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Megan didn't break up with her boyfriend neither before the camp, nor meanwhile through phone or a message. She even mentioned having a boyfriend during their group therapy. Was he waiting for her during the camp? Was she practically cheating on him with Graham?