Tropers Online: 4,467
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The Cruel Twist Ending can be interpreted two ways:
- Dan never did rescue Mark White and only told Paul that he did to give him some hope.
- Dan did rescue Mark White, and the insurgents are entirely capable of reaching Paul's family.
- Nightmare Fuel: Especially if you're claustrophobic.
- Paranoia Fuel
- Tear Jerker: Paul calling his mother only for the viewer to realize that she has Alzheimers and barely remembers who her own son is. It's just downright cruel.
- So is him finally talking to his wife and hearing his rescue
- Woobie: It's difficult not to feel really bad for Paul, given that we spend the entire movie watching him panic, suffer and eventually die.