- Audience-Alienating Premise
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Melody and Zen's first kiss. And the moment Melody calls Harmony "sister" for the first time.
- Nightmare Fuel: The "We Live To Deliver" Scholarship. Candidates have to give birth every year from their tenth to their eighteenth birthdays. The question being, who gets those girls pregnant?
- Building on that: most ten-year-olds don't have the physical maturity or the bone structure to conceive or bear children. So...do they give them hormones, so their bodies mature faster? And how many girls have died or been made infertile by trying to get pregnant at ten?
- What an Idiot: Ash and Ty, as summarized by Melody herself: "How could they turn their only daughter into a toxic asset in need of a quick bump bailout? I'd have expected better of them - if not as parents, then as economists."
- The Woobie: Poor Malia.