- Awesome Music: Some of it original, some of it well-chosen and strategically placed.
- Epileptic Trees: In the epilogue on Lomalagi, Raimi and Oran are also dead.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- Raimi's "World of Cardboard" Speech to Shandala is a textbook example.
- And the ending, with the final quote by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Ho Yay: Raimi and Oran, as lampshaded in commentary tracks by Brooke Burgess himself.
- Magnificent Bastard: Lear.
- Moment of Awesome:
- Oran's first battle with Charles and Bravado: "I believe!', and the Meaningful Echo of that same line in the Grand Finale.
- "You are going to get the girl and tell me what I want to know now, or I will fill your computers with gig after inhuman gig of child pornography. I will flood the FBI with perfect shots of you touching little boys of every age and creed—sent from your e-mail address, and I will smile when I think of the prison brothers prying you open and turning your ass into a gaping, bloody parking space. I can do it. In minutes. From anywhere. Believe it."
- Moral Event Horizon: Gabriel disembowels, gouges the eyes out of, and crucifies Shandala's cat in the Wham Episode.
- Nightmare Fuel: In spades.
- Chapter 22, Act 2.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Every allusion the vagrant makes in Chapter 24, Act 1.
- Tear Jerker: A number of moments, for a number of different reasons.
- The Woobie: Our four heroes variously, especially Shandala.
- Jerkass Woobie: Raimi and Oran both have their moments.
YMMV / Broken Saints
Back to the main page.