YMMV: Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
- Designated Hero: Brandy is incredibly selfish, Whiskers is really stupid and both of them tend to cause just as many problems as they solve. Fortunately, they're both still good enough to notice when they're causing problems and are definitely morally better than Gaspar.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, performed by Lou Bega of "Mambo No. 5" fame.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ed. Granted, he's nowhere near as popular as Brandy but he's still a very lovable character.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: According to Gareth Barsby, anyway:
"Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, if you read between the lines, has very sinister undertones of mortality and insanity."
- Fan Disservice: The bikini-wearing orangutan that sometimes appears in the credits.
- Heartwarming: Brandy giving up a chance to go home to save Mr whiskers from a malfunctioning robot in episode 30 "One of a kind". Made even better with this dialogue: Brandy:" You know why you're my true friend? Mr Whiskers:"Not a clue at this point". Brandy:"Because you helped me see what a true friend is all about.Mr Whiskers: "Even though I'm not a dog who's just like you in every way? Brandy: "Maybe because you're not a dog who 's just like me in every way"
- Ho Yay: At the end of one episode, Mr.Whiskers goes out on a date with Gaspar.
- Moral Event Horizon: Brandy comes very close to crossing this in The Monkey's Paw episode, trying to wish that Mr. Whiskers was never born and all.
- Strangled by the Red String: in the episode "A Really Crushing Crush", Ed and Lola suddenly has a crush on each other, something which had never even been implied before.
- Shipping: Supposed ages aside, a good part of the fans ship Brandy/Whiskers, nearly making it a Fan-Preferred Couple.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: In Paw And Order, Ed the otter tells a very sappy story about a turtle named Dougie.
- The Woobie: Pretty much everyone except Margo (Brandy and Gaspar are Jerkass Woobie). Ed Otter and Lola Boa are probably the greatest examples, though. Ed goes through a serious case of Break the Cutie in The Big Game and gets severely verbally abused by Mr.Whiskers in The Monster Of My Skin. Lola Boa, well it isn't easy being a snake and all.