YMMV: Boy's Life
- Nightmare Fuel: Boy's Life is a Slice of Life novel about a year in the life of a boy. It switches between sweet and heartwrenching, but overall it's a peaceful story (well, apart from the horrific murder that sets off the plot but nevermind that for now) and for the most part free of Nightmare Fuel- except for "Case #3432". You will never regard Unexplained Recovery and Disney Death the same way ever again.
- Tear Jerker: You won't get through this book without shedding at least a few tears...
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Who is finally able to put an end to the hellish spider monkey Lucifer? Why, a man named Gabriel, of course.
- The Woobie: Tom Mackenson becomes one over the course of the story, being horribly scarred by the murder and experiencing horrifying nightmares about the victim sinking and calling him. To add insult to injury, Tom loses his job as a milkman due to the construction of a supermarket and is forced to become a dishwasher.
- Cory's friend Ben could count, too, what with being a prevailing dork even by his friends' standards and having to deal with his alcoholic dad.