* ClicheStorm: Presciently presented, as the conversion of Tolkien's original creativity into the cliches of heroic fantasy had barely begun at that point.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: We reiterate: they started off by changing 'Bilbo Baggins' into ''Dildo Bugger.'' And they started as they meant to go on.
* HilariousInHindsight: The Nozdrul are riding pigs and the Riders of Roi-tan ride sheep, both of which seemed to be pretty ridiculous at that time. In ''Film/TheHobbitTheBattleOfTheFiveArmies'', the dwarf Dain Ironfoot rides a large boar, and the extended version of the film features a dwarven cavalry on rams.
* MemeticMutation: Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons.
* WeirdAlEffect: An interesting variation -- while ''LOTR'' itself is still familiar to the point that nobody past MiddleSchool age can call themselves a geek unless they've read it, many of the sources drawn on for the ParodyNames and such are all but forgotten. A working knowledge of 1950s and 1960s politics, pop culture and advertising adds a lot to the experience.