For the literature
- Tear Jerker: The death of Tick-Tick in Finder.
For the 2016 American animated sitcom
- Bizarro Episode: "Santa Ana Winds", featuring Sanford buying an energy drink from Mexico and fighting Jewish writers from Hollywood because he's monopolizing their business in writing crappy sequels, prequels, remakes, and crossover films, Ernesto doing battle with a demon leaf similar to Peter Griffin fighting Ernie the Giant Chicken, Bud switching places with a Mexican look-alike, and Bryce the janitor revealing that he's an alien and that Mexifornia is part of a science project he's doing for his home planet. The fact that this is actually the last episode produced (but was aired as the eighth episode) doesn't do anything to help viewers make sense of what they just watched. The only storyline in the episode that made any sort of sense was Becky and J.C. trying to investigate the origins of the Santa Ana Winds and finding a secret laboratory, but before they can uncover the truth, a shadowed figure knocks them out and brainwashes them into forgetting everything that happened (and watching The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon).
- Crazy Awesome: The beginning of "Megachurch" has El Coyote fleeing a kaiju and Buck fighting back with a mecha called "The Border-Bot". The Border-Bot wins.
- Nightmare Fuel: It's Seth MacFarlene, so what did you expect?
- Uncanny Valley: The characters look more like potatoes than human beings.