- Broken Base: Is "The man named John," John the Apostle? There's been quite a debate over this.
- Common Knowledge: In canon, the white horseman is actually Conquest, but popular culture knows him as Pestilence. Perhaps because Conquest's schtick is already kind of covered by War.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Studying the various conflicting interpretations of scholars and preachers and theologians trying to figure which things symbolize what can be quite the Mind Screw.
- Fandom Berserk Button:
- It's not called the Book of Revelations, as many think, it's The Book of Revelation. "Revelation" isn't in plural.
- At no point is anybody by the name of Antichrist ever mentioned in this book. However, "Antichrist" is used to describe those who deny the Second Coming, i.e., anti-Christ.
- The Rapture is also not in Revelation. It comes from Paul's letters to Timothy.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The book features a toxic meteorite named Wormwood, and as conspiracy nuts never tire of reminding us, Chernobyl means Wormwood.
- Moral Event Horizon: In-universe. Taking the Mark of the Beast and worshiping its image.
- Memetic Mutation: 666
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?