- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Episode 32, regarding Pui: So, your friend abandons you because he thinks you aren't cool enough anymore? Is he unjustly judging you because of something superficial? No, this is obviously all your fault. You should therefore do everything in your power to make your shame go away and pray that he is able to forgive you. And if he does, don't even bother bringing up his questionable values afterwards. After all, you're just an awkward man.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Birdy comes across to some as this. He can be rather mean at times, but has moments that show he has a nice side to him as well.
- The Scrappy: The main character.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap, for some. Shirobon is a pretty sympathetic character, while Shout is a witch with capital B who abuses him at the drop of a hat.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Mujoe's theme is very similar to the Seinfeld theme.
The Bomberman Jetters video game:
- Annoying Video Game Helper: Your team never stops. Shout is the worst offender.
- Macekre: The English version of the game has terrible voice acting and localization, though some would say it's…
- So Bad, It's Good: The voice acting can be this at times, especially with "Superhero Birdy", Japanese-stereotype Gangu, the extremely bored-sounding Max, and Thunder Bomber.