YMMV: Bomberman: Act Zero
- Cliché Storm: Makes Shadow the Hedgehog look like The Stranger in regards to the writing, especially as far as existentialism is concerned.
- Game Breaker: If you pick up Line Bomb combined with Infinite Bomb, you're in for a treat. If you're on the receiving end of it... not so much.
- Hype Backlash: Yes, actually! This was promoted as possibly being a new birth of the series. To say that didn't pan out would be an understatement.
- Older Than They Think: The First-Person Bomber mode might have been inspired by the gameplay of the Japan-only title 3-D Bomberman, which was actually played in first-person view, unlike Act Zero's behind-the-player perspective.
- Scrappy Mechanic: First-Person Bomber
- So Bad, It's Good: If you somehow manage to get a decent number of people playing, you can have some pretty dumb fun. This is probably thanks to the number of Game Breaker power-ups the game features.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Even before release, this was the complaint of many older Bomberman fans. However, this ended up being the least of the game's problems.