- Author Existence Failure: Ice-T and Ernie C. are the only two of the five original members still living (Mooseman was killed in a drive-by shooting, while Beatmaster V and D-Roc both died of cancer).
- Creator Backlash: Ice-T wasn't too happy with how Murder for Hire turned out, saying that it was rushed out the door. No tracks from the album have been played live since its release.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: While they aren't near-universally respected like, say Iron Maiden or Slayer, they are quite a bit more popular among metalheads than one might expect.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ice-T has gone from singing about killing cops to playing a cop on TV.
- Narm: Ice-T's Big "NO!" in "The Winner Loses".
- Tear Jerker: "The Winner Loses" from Body Count, in which a crack addict dies.