Tropers Online: 4,879
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Body of Lies
- Adaptation Displacement: It's based on a novel of the same name.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: For all the focus on the two stars of the movie, Mark Strong probably gives the strongest performance in the film as Hani.
- Ho Yay: Hani for some reason likes calling Ferris "My dear".
- Hollywood classic "Blind Idiot" Translation mistake : in Arabic, it's pretty common to call your friend "habibi" (litterally, "my love") while not implying anything of that sort. It also goes for many other languages, where the term of endearment used between two men doesn't imply Ho Yay, but is still translated that way.
- Magnificent Bastard: Hani Pasha is both the most charismatic guy in the film, and one of the most cunning.