- Awesome Art: The stop motion animation of the original series is universally agreed to look amazing. As for the 2015 reboot, some like it, while some don't.
- Broken Base: On multiple levels.
- The original British version vs the American re-dub.
- Is the 2015 reboot a good way to bring new audiences to the series? Or is it just bad?
- Ear Worm: The theme song, full stop.
- First Installment Wins: While fans can't seem to agree on whether or not the 2015 reboot is good or bad, everyone agrees that the original series is worth watching. Particularly the original stop motion episodes.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: It's no secret that the programme shares a catchphrase with Barack Obama. What's amusing is that Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, used the concept of 'Joe the Plumber' to represent the typical, hardworking American and had a supportive campaigner named 'Tito the Builder'. There's no evidence either of these was an intentional joke about Obama's catchphrase. Hence this.
- Memetic Mutation: "Can we fix it? Yes, we can!"
- Most Annoying Sound: Lofty's British voice. Dear god. It gets even MORE annoying in the Licensed Game, if you can believe it.
Lofty: OOH!!! HELP!!! THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!!!
Wendy: Don't worry, Lofty! This way, hedgehogs.
- Periphery Demographic: Oh yes. So much of a one that the characters actually got to the top of the UK singles charts with the theme song and again with their version of Mambo No. 5. They also achieved #1 and #2 in Australia.
- Signature Laugh: Travis' funny "ho ho ho" laugh.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks:
- When the show changed from stop-motion to CGI.
- The 2015 redesign is generally disliked by fans of the original series. The replacement of the entire voice cast doesn't help matters. The US dub is actually made in Canada (granted, much of the cast is well-known Canadian VAs from Ocean Group, but still).
- Uncanny Valley:
- The characters in the CGI remodel of the original show look unappealing to some compared to the original versions.
- Some think Bob's 2015 redesign is off putting. Wendy and most of the others look fine but Bob himself looks weird.