YMMV: Bob the Angry Flower
- Genius Bonus: Subverted in Intellectual Bonus where the bonus in question turns out to be the ability to talk for so long (reading John Galt's speech from Atlas Shrugged) that a hidden intruder eventually surrenders to avoid listening to any more.
- Memetic Mutation: The strips detailing the precise use of the apostrophe and comma.
- Moral Event Horizon: Bob putting down a dog with a shotgun, according to the creator's mailbag, which forced a change of publisher. Ghastly acts of genocide didn't even rate and neither did a strip with an Anthropomorphic Personification of America murdering Jesus. Naturally enough the next collection was entitled "Dog Killer".
- Seasonal Rot: The strip has declined in quality over the years, probably beginning around the time the author also took a job at Popcap Games and had his creative attention divided. Notably, a tagline at the title screen of Minecraft is "BTAF used to be good!"
- The Woobie: Freddie is a frequent, usually undeserving, target of Bob's rage.