YMMV: Bloody Monday
- Base Breaker: Hibiki. Most readers find her annoying and clingy most especially her relationship with Fujimaru which is rushed. Others find her as a Mary Sue.
- The Load: Haruka. After getting herself kidnapped by terrorists - twice - she decides to flee protective government custody and promptly gets infected with a deadly virus. Then she gets kidnapped again. If Japan had mountain lions, she'd probably find a way to get trapped by them.
- Magnificent Bastard - Almost all of the major antagonists have this to a degree.
- And a bunch of the major protagonists.
- Sequelitis: The next two sequels seemed to lose its charm from the first season as it became slightly becoming predictable and convoluted. Not to mention, the relationship between Fujimaru and Hibiki just came out from nowhere and Aoi being out from the story.
- Strangled by the Red String: Fujimaru and Hibiki's relationship.
- The Woobie - Fujimaru's little sister, Haruka Takagi. She has kidney problems, her father is accused of being a murderer, her brother is butting heads with terrorists, she has kidney problems, and the cult likes to dick around with Fujimaru by kidnapping her on a regular basis. Did I mention her kidney problems?