For the Manhua
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Foe Yay: Sellyew still has some love in Leng Sha, even when she's trying to kill him and his allies.
- Ho Yay: Despite being from China, where views on this are not as the same as other countries, readers do see this within Posui Nangua and Ying Yen. Either that or a Love Triangle involving Ling Can.
- The Woobie: Losing her father and dream makes Lilo Ai definitely like this.
- Then, there are many others. Last, Chong Yin, Shanyao, Ye Ren, Ye Lai, Posui Nangua, and the list will keep going.
For the TV Series
- Narm: The Sequel Hook of Danny's son, which feels exactly like the show was designed as a one season miniseries, then Netflix wanted more so they spent thirty seconds coming up with a way to continue the story. Plus, the pearl-clutching reveal shot that he has lip studs, so he must be dangerous!
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: It's rather easier to sympathize with Danny than was probably intended, especially since John kills him before he ever gets around to doing anything all that bad to the family beyond giving Kevin a well-deserved beating. We also only have their none-too-trustworthy word about all the bad stuff he did in the past. Basically, the show leans rather too heavily on our being inclined to take John's side just because he's played by perpetual nice and decent guy Kyle Chandler.