For the Manhua
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Foe Yay: Sellyew and his relationship with Leng Sha.
- Ho Yay: Despite being from China, where views on this are not as the same as other countries, readers do see this in Pep and Eagle. Either that or a Love Triangle with Riya.
- The Woobie: Losing her father and dream makes Lilo Ai this.
- Then, there are many others. Last, Shin, Cora, Ron, Rae, Pep, and the list will keep going.
For the TV Series
- Ass Pull: The Sequel Hook, which was only foreshadowed with a single scene, where Danny's previously unmentioned son shows up at John's house. It feels like something thought up at the last second, and is the only scene that hints at a second season.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: There are times when things are so bleak and unhappy, for everyone, that continuing to watch can get a little daunting.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ben Mendelsohn was retained as a major cast member for Season 2 by having Danny appear as a vision that haunts the surviving Rayburns. At the same time, he joined the cast of Rogue One, making it easy to make jokes about Danny being a Force ghost.
- Sleeper Hit: Was very well received by critics and had enough viewers to get a second season, despite almost no advertising from Netflix.
- Win Back the Crowd: After the first season finale wrapped up most of the story, the only Sequel Hook felt like a major Ass Pull to many. Because of this, many felt it was better as a stand alone miniseries rather than a show with multiple seasons. The season two trailer was very well received, and proved that the Rayburn's story was far from over. The season itself also makes much more clear that John was meant to be an Unreliable Narrator in the first season and we're supposed to find all the Rayburns unlikable and unworthy of our sympathy.
For the video game
- Fridge Brilliance: One may wonder why Jim quite apparently perceives Dr. Brown as a magnificent bastard even though the doctor is not very successful at accomplishing his goal or even just maintaining his composure, while Jim easily survives every death trap Dr. Brown sets up. Then remember how Jim ended up in the hospital in the first place: intense paranoia indeed would make him likely to jump to extreme conclusions.
- Game Breaker: Almost every monster with only melee attacks will be successfully frozen in place if the player figures to jump on any object higher than ground level. After that, the monster won't even attempt to get out of your line of sight when shot. The entirety of the game can be completed without a single heal if this bug is used.
- Narm: A lot. Some examples also double as narm charm.
- Special Effect Failure: Jim's lack of jumping and crouching animations can be spotted on the very first level, in the only mirror present in the game.