- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Tremor's ending, where he fixes the world
- Crosses the Line Twice: In case you didn't discern from the preceding paragraphs, you can fight each other as torsos. As in, sliding around on your exposed guts. You can even Sunder someone and also cut off their arms, leaving them a helpless stump. Not to mention the rest of the ludicrously ridiculous gore.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: If you make the mistake of trying to care about the story, you'll find that it's kind of hard to do so when - other than Tremor - every single character is an unrepentant, unlikeable dick.
- SNK Boss: Nekron is bigger than you, faster than you, has a much larger reach than you, and is completely unrelenting. And if you win a round against him, he'll have a gauntlet that can shoot projectiles the next that he'll spam like there's no tomorrow.
- So Bad, It's Good: The gameplay is far from polished, the graphics are all over the place, the character designs are cartoony and Liefeldian, but it's just so entertaining regardless.
- Play the Game, Skip the Story: Comes from an era of video gaming when every fighting game developer was trying to out-Mortal Kombat Midway by giving their games tons of expository backstory and book-length character motivations. Of course, the only thing dumb kids cared about was seeing Freon get impaled on spikes or watching Tempest's boobs shake when she got dizzied.