- Crowning Moment of Awesome: An off-screen one for Natalya. It's mentioned in one of her background blurbs that she drove all the way to Las Ruletas from Siberia, through zombie-infested wilderness and crossing a frozen Bering Strait along the way.
- Demonic Spiders: Lobbers if you aren't careful. Behemoths when you are.
- Goddamn Bats: The basic zombies, of course. Referred to as "shamblers" for obvious reasons, and to differentiate them from stronger types.
- The Scrappy: Kelly. Her voice is annoying, and despite the Grave Dancer's unparalleled speed, it's incredibly fragile, to the point where Leapers, ordinarily a mere nuisance, become Demonic Spiders. It also has abysmal impact rating, meaning you won't be taking out anybody by ramming. And it spawns with the minelayer, an extremely situational weapon. If you play as her, expect to rely on her Limit Break for success.
- Squick: There's plenty to go around, between the zombie strippers, bad jokes and Reggie's possible Oedipal Complex. And then theres Reggie's ending, wherein he marries a zombie. The worst part? The zombie loves him back!
- Magnificent Bastard: Julian Slink. Who effortlessly manipulates everyone in his way. Best shown when he plays even Heart Industries during "The Gentleman's Agreement".
Julian: I'm always one-hundred steps ahead of everyone.
- Karma turns out to have been pulling everyone's strings all along, including Slink himself.
- Refuge in Audacity: Even for this show, "Night Of The Fucking Dead" is a spectacle in complete tastelessness.
- Rooting for the Empire: Much like Pope, Colin Cunningham's ability to chew scenery and steal scenes has given a villain (Slink) a fanbase almost bigger than the heroes.
- Too Good to Last: A fun, shameless love-letter to grindhouse cinema. Got one season.
- Uncanny Valley: The Smax candy commercial, done in the style of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" music video.
- The Woobie:
- The Scholar. The Gentleman uses him as a sex toy and mechanic, and doesn't give a damn about him personally.
- You have to feel sorry for Christopher, in light of everything Aki puts him through.