- Nausea Fuel: After a week, the disgusting state of the asylum: walls are smeared with human feces, and hallways are covered in pools of piss and waste that people walk in barefoot.
- The infection in the Thief's leg that completely takes over his leg.
- Nightmare Fuel: The soldiers guarding the facility, who are irrational, violent, and terrified of the quarantined people. The King of Ward 3 and everything he does. The starving blind scavengers in the shopping center.
- Paranoia Fuel: How any moment the doctor's wife had the completely rational fear that any second she could go blind.
- Tear Jerker: When the doctor's wife silently breaks down into sobs after she realizes she forgot to wind her watch and now doesn't even know what time it is anymore.
- One of the women dies after they are gang-raped, since she was brutally beaten for being "a limp fish". When they return, not a single word is exchanged between any of the women, as they silently console each other.