YMMV: Black Rain
- Acceptable Targets: The Japanese and Americans from each other's point of view.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Exactly how sympathetic you find Nick might change depending on how you choose to interpret his actions and motivations. Do you see him primarily as a dirty cop, or as a mostly good guy who has made mistakes?
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: While it's a very well-made example of the "Cowboy Cop on the edge out to clean up this dirty town" movie genre, it's still pretty over-the-top. Watching it today shows just how little parodies of that genre have to exaggerate the tropes.
- Spiritual Licensee: SNK's Burning Fight was inspired of this movie and of Showdown in Little Tokyo.
- Tear Jerker: In-story: Charlie's murder. Meta: Yusaku Matsuda was dying of cancer while playing Sato. He passed away only weeks after the film debut.