YMMV: Black Canary
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Why does she constantly hook and break up with the same egotistical, self-serving jerk ass archer? Because she really loves and sees the good in him, but has her limits when it comes to putting up with him? Or because she has a HORRIBLE superiority/inferiority complex.
- Superiority: She purposefully goes out with him and is aware that he's a jerk, waiting for the chance to break up with him to demonstrate what a "strong, confident" woman she is that doesn't need him. Then gets back together with him to show how forgiving and better she is than him.
- Inferiority: She can't do any better.
- Badass Decay: Tends to get hit with this whenever she's paired with Green Arrow. This tends to be the reason many of Black Canary's more vocal fanboys and girls tend to detest the pairing. Though, in fairness, this happens a lot when she's teamed up with almost any other male hero, too.
- Les Yay: Black Canary and Oracle get a LOT of this.
- Never Live It Down: The '80s cotume.◊
- Also, her "lesbian biker" look (as it is referred to by fans) from her short-lived 90's solo series.
- Strangled by the Red String: Green Arrow and Black Canary's marriage felt very forced to many fans.