YMMV: Bionic Woman
- Adaptation Displacement: This new version is considered to be so far removed from both Martin Caidin's Cyborg novel and Kenneth Johnson's creation that neither are even credited. Despite this, elements of Steve Austin's bionics are incorporated into Jaime, most notably her bionic eye.
- Fetish Fuel: Jaime always had her leather jacket on. Michelle Ryan kicking ass in a leather jacket began a trend of adorning Action Girls in leather jackets after noticing that some saw "hot chick in leather kicking ass" as a turn on. Not the Ur Example of this by far but clearly the Trope Codifier.
- Holy Shit Quotient: Jamie and the Corvus girls' car accidents. Also Jaime's freak-out on discovering she's been turned into a bionic woman.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: Inverted bigtime for several reasons:
- The original pilot depicted Becca, Jaime's sister, as being hearing impaired. The decision to cast a non-deaf actress in the role caused major controversy. So the producers decided to change the character to someone with regular hearing instead, which annoyed people even more (and left Becca with essentially no personality at all beyond "bratty teenager").
- The show cast Isaiah Washington in a major role. Not a big deal, except that the time he was the center of a firestorm of controversy and considered persona non grata by many after being fired from Grey's Anatomy for reportedly uttering gay slurs. This led to protests against Bionic Woman for hiring him and the promise by some to boycott the series outright (the fact his character is killed off didn't appear to help).
- Nightmare Fuel: Jaime waking up and seeing her limbs in the process of being rebuilt by the anthrocytes — unsurprisingly she freaks out. Unexplored is the question of how Will would have converted Jaime into a bionic woman if they hadn't had their 'accident'.
- Rooting for the Empire: Sarah Corvus, especially among fans of Battlestar Galactica.