YMMV / Beauty and the Beast (2012)


  • Adaptational Attractiveness: In the original series, Vincent's actor underwent a heavy makeup job to look beastly. In this remake, he spends 90% of his time as a gorgeous man with a small scar on one cheek (and even that disfigurement is gone in Season 2) and the other 10% in a slightly beastly-looking powered-up form with glowing eyes.
  • Critical Dissonance
  • Critical Research Failure: in the pilot, Vincent, a doctor, enlists in the army and becomes a grunt that joins a program where he's experimented on. As a doctor, he would have been commissioned as an officer. Admittedly, this would have decreased his likelihood of being an experimentee (vs an experimenter). The funny thing is, they could have made him a (para)medic (an enlisted position), and still given him the medical background.
  • Growing the Beard: As of season two.
  • Moral Event Horizon: Gabe murdering Catherine's friend, Beth, without blinking an eye. This is the same guy who once viewed his beast powers as a curse. Later goes on to murder Cat's FBI informant and comes severely close to killing off J.T.
  • Replacement Scrappy: Some fans see Gabe as this.
  • They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Season two is widely seen is this.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/BeautyAndTheBeast2012