* CompleteMonster: ComicBook/TheJoker is the true BigBad and [[TheChessmaster the ultimate mastermind]] behind the game's evil. [[FakingTheDead Faking his death]] to keep suspicion off himself, Joker manipulates the supervillains Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy into committing various crimes, from flash freezing a factory of workers to implanting carnivorous plants inside innocents to blackmail them, and usss the ensuing chaos to initiate his own scheme. Joker plans to pump [[DeadlyGas Joker Gas]] and the highly flammable substance Promethium into Gotham City's sewers, then giddily watch as millions of innocents choke on their own laughter as they burn alive. Even when beaten, Joker attempts to fling himself to his death, hoping to both torment Batman and immortalize himself as the greatest nightmare in Gotham's history.
* HilariousInHindsight: Poison Ivy's trenchcoat-clad henchman is a ringer for Hush.
* TheProblemWithLicensedGames: Downplayed. While the gameplay received criticism, the story, voice work, and graphics were praised, and it was considered a decent enough tie in to the show.
* ParanoiaFuel: Thugs that you don't handcuff will get back up and attack you again. If you are out of handcuffs and happen to linger around, you'll be constantly looking over your shoulder, waiting for an ambush. It doesn't help that a lot of the secrets in the game are found through exploration of thug-ridden stages.
** The Funny Bones Warehouse chapter only serves to exaggerate this, by having a ''ton'' of pyro Jacks in Boxes roaming the floors. You can't see them easily, but you can most assuredly hear them.
* SoOkayItsAverage: All the games received mostly average reviews from critics, though the PC version received mostly mixed reviews and some negative reviews.
* SugarWiki/VisualEffectsOfAwesome: The ''New Adventures'' redesigns look absolutely ''wonderful'' in the pre-rendered cutscenes.