YMMV: Batgirl 2000
- Base Breaker: She's either awesome, or an overrated Mary Sue. As seen below.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: She got her own series. That says as much. Similarly, frequent guest star Spoiler gained quite a following.
- Fandom Rivalry: It seems that a lot of Cass's most vocal fandom despises Stephanie Brown and her fans, due to Steph replacing Cass as Batgirl. Its lead to accusations of racism on the part of Steph fans for preferring Steph over Cass, or for caring more about Stephanie's misfortunes than Cass', even if they make it clear they like Cass as well and take time to mention Cass's troubles as wellnote . Apparently, the only difference between the two is their racenote , and so the only reason to like Steph more than Cass is because she's white.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The brief revival series was doomed to this practically the moment the words "Adam Beechen" appeared. When it came out, it mostly confirmed these fears.
- Les Yay: Many scenes, particularly later on in the series, show Cass and Steph being... close. Not only was she one of the most distraught people at Steph's apparent death, but her general attitude seems a lot more intimate and protective. One scene in particular had her in a near-death experience where she saw Steph holding her in a princess carry.
- Replacement Scrappy: Cass received this at first, and still runs into it from time to time. Due to her popularity, it also lead to Steph getting this when she became the new Batgirl.
- It's not just that she's being compared to Barbara. It's also that she replaced the mysterious Batgirl who was introduced earlier in Batman No Mans Land. The reveal of that Batgirl as Huntress and her sudden loss of the costume to Cassandra was very abrupt.