- Anvilicious/Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Bad Religion has quite a few songs falling into both categories. The Empire Strikes First, in particular, tends to skew heavily towards the former.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Faith Alone"'s solo
- Epic Riff: "American Jesus"
- Face of the Band: Greg Graffin.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Most fans like to pretend Into the Unknown never happened. Some also ignore No Substance and The New America, or even their entire Atlantic era.
- Grand Theft Auto Effect: If you've ever played a Crazy Taxi game and The Offspring aren't running through your head, chances are a song from The Gray Race is.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted. They don't fit any type of the trope, including the new overly enthusiastic evangelist atheism. They say they use religion as a metaphor for anything that limits free thought, and even their religion rant songs aren't anti-theistic. (Well, except "Atheist Peace", which turns that statement into Blatant Lies.)
- Memetic Mutation: "Hi, welcome to stealth," seems to have become a big meme on omegle and 4chan.