YMMV: Bad Education
The Jack Whitehall Comedy
- Fridge Horror: When Pickwell saves the school from bankruptcy in the Series 2 finale, it is with money left to her by her German consort the Beast of Bergendorf. Specifically "the gold he stashed in Switzerland". That's right. Abbey Grove is now financed with Nazi Gold.
- Though this is lessened slightly by Fraser losing it at all by investing it in his Dolce and Gabanter clothing range at the start of Series 3.
- Memetic Mutation: "ILLEGAL, CHANTELLE."
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Pickwell is mistaken for a lad when she overdoes "it with her make-up and her suit, and her dick" to impress Mr Humpage and get a job at Middleton House.
The Sitcom's Film Adaptation
- Ass Pull: Joe having a tracking chip in his neck is only mentioned once and introduced solely as a Deus ex Machina to allow the police, Susan; and Rosie, Fraser, and Martin to find out that Alfie and the CLA are at Pennlaven Castle.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The scenes where Susan is drugged, smuggled to France against her will, and then hitches a lift back to England in a lorry full of illegal immigrants are considerably less funny than intended thanks to the film’s release coinciding with one of the worst migrant crises of the modern age.
- Moral Event Horizon: Pasco crosses it when he uses Alfie to bomb Atticus Hoye’s house and just keeps going further away from it from that point on.
- Alfie drugging Susan, and getting Mitchell and Pasco to smuggle her to France.
- The reveal that Susan had Joe implanted with a tracking chip during his appendectomy.
- Special Effect Failure: The prosthetic scrotum used in the scene where Alfie is dared to teabag a swan isn’t particularly convincing.
- The green screen effects when Alfie is dangling from the helicopter after Rosie, Fraser, and Martin carry out a Gunship Rescue.