YMMV: Bad Dudes
- Awesome Music: The level clear jingle, whether in the arcade or on the NES.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A ninja lighting himself on fire to fight enemies? See Man on Fire on the main page.
- Memetic Mutation: "Are you a bad enough dude to (X)?"
- Narm Charm
- Play It For The Meme
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: While the premise of this game is a meme, the Spiritual Successor Crude Buster (aka Two Crude Dudes) is a great (and obscure) game on its own.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: In Japan, the arcade version's ending theme almost sounds like "The Star-Spangled Banner". Averted in America and the Famicom/NES versions, however, where it's "Hail to the Chief" verbatim.