Animated series include:
- Awesome Music / Ear Worm: The theme song is so relaxing...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pompadour.
- Moral Event Horizon: The unnamed hunter can be excused for killing Babar's mother, as he's... well, a hunter, but he irrevocably crosses the Horizon in his attempt to burn down Celesteville for the sole sake of continuing to hunt.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Hunter.
- The Beasts of Misfortune and Haste that plague Babar's nigthmare in episode 4, inspired by a Nightmare Sequence in Babar The King that was also pretty scary (especially it's adaptation in the Babar, King of the Elephants movie.)
- Also, the titular ape from the episode Conga the Terrible (a King Kong Expy), before revealed to be a Gentle Giant.
- Tear Jerker: When Babar discovers his dead mother.
- Awesome Music: "The Best We Both Can Be."
- "The Committee Song" as well. It's probably the only song in existence that makes bureaucracy sound fun (well that, and the "Bureaucrat Song" from Futurama).
Original books include:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Babar The King is filled with these, particularly the series of tragic accidents and Babar's resulting Nightmare Sequence towards the very end.
- Nightmare Fuel: Besides the Nightmare Sequence in Babar The King that has already been mentioned, there was an illustration in the first book, The Story of Babar, The Little Elephant, showing the old King of the Elephants taking the poisonous mushroom that killed him and then writhing on the ground, his skin a livid green.
Babar and the Adventures of Badou
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Jake, the messy little fox kit.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Hoot is a female hyena who is one of the good characters. 4 years later, The Lion Guard introduced another one.