YMMV: Ax 'Em
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: A few examples. The first example would have to be the dancing teams and the "Snaps" competition taking place elsewhere. Secondly, there is a scene with a couple of drunk guys deciding amongst themselves to "kick his ass" (the person whose ass they would kick is not entirely clear), complete with Michael saying, "Cut!". Third, one scene has a character that, while escaping from Harry, starts speaking with a Jamaican accent for no reason whatsoever. Needless to say, these scenes are never mentioned again.
- Cliché Storm
- Idiot Plot: The characters spend most of the movie either running in fear of the killer and criticizing/insulting each other, even though they outnumber him thirty to one and could probably tackle him if they got their heads on straight and performed a Zerg Rush.
- Special Effects Failure: The film was made on an extremely low budget, and it shows.
- For example, the blood that comes out of people when the hatchet connects. Oh, and how, after Brian dies, his face looks like it was run over with a vehicle.
- The only time we see the killing blows are when the hatchet hits. Rock is killed with a baseball bat, but the camera fades out before the hit lands.
- When a group of teens' car runs out of gas, you can audibly hear the brakes.
- Squick: During the first Big Lipped Alligator Moment, a young girl rubs herself in inappropriate places.
- Unfortunate Names: As referenced by The Cinema Snob, the DJ in the opening credit sequence is named, "Doublecut Master Slice-em-up Dice-em-up".