For the TV show:
- Crazy Awesome: If Britten is only imagining one reality, then his hallucinations do aid him in solving cases in both worlds.
- Tear Jerker: Britten saying goodbye to Hannah and the red reality in the finale.
For the movie:
- Critical Research Failure: If you have any knowledge of medicine, this film will insult it.
- Funny Moments: After Clay's rib gets snapped during the surgery:
Dr. Puttnam: Ooh, that's going to hurt in the morning. Sorry, Clay.Clay: (thinking) Yeah, you better be fucking sorry! Fucking asshole!
- Nausea Fuel: The surgery itself - already shown in gruesome detail - is made ten times worse by the fact that Clay is still awake.
- Nightmare Fuel: Would you want to watch this movie the night before any kind of surgery? Even a root canal?
- The moments in which it slowly dawns on Clay that he's still aware of everything are absolutely terrifying.
- Paranoia Fuel
- The Woobie: Clay becomes one over the course of the film.