YMMV: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
open/close all folders
- Anvilicious: The miniseries delivered morals of putting aside your differences and learning to work together in a more heavy-handed manner than the cartoon does.
- Squick: MODOC and a minion agree in "Mind Games" that MODOC could use a stronger body to complement his intellectual strength. MODOC then wishes for a body like that of Thor, Hulk, or...She-Hulk.
- They Just Didn't Care: Oftentimes Avengers wear their season 1 costumes during comics that clearly take place during season 2 or later.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- In one issue, Magneto, thinking Wasp is a mutant, tries to recruit her into the Brotherhood. When Wasp makes it clear she isn't a mutant (anyone who's read the WMG page would know that alone fits this trope) the rest of the issue focusses on Avengers vs Brotherhood. Do we ever see the Avengers reaction to the anti-mutant protesters with the "No Mutant Avengers!" signs, or how wrong they think it is? Nope, we just keep hearing about what a Jerkass Magneto is for being a Well-Intentioned Extremist.
- Actually, Wasp addresses the protesters on the last page, with a speech about how the Avengers will take in and accept any hero, regardless of origin.
- She was talking more about the Avengers than the protesters. The message felt like "Magneto is paranoid and humans don't really hate mutants". (But then, doesn't it always?)
- The unreleased comic about the Avengers teaming up with Loki might have made a better finale for the comics (not including the Film Comics) than what readers actually did get: a Nick Fury-centric tale in which the Avengers don't appear at all!
Assorted character subjectives