YMMV: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
- Awesome Music/Ear Worm:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Several gags, but most memorably what interested Gangrene in experimentation.
Gangrene: At the age of six I ate an entire lawnmower! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Doctor Gangrene. A given since he's played by John Astin. Wilbur Finletter for the good guys.
- Ham and Cheese: Just about everyone. But especially John Astin.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The song Puberty Love sounds a certain modern day high pitched teen singer.
- As mentioned, a young George Clooney appears in the second film, in the role of the heros horndog best friend. In one scene, he is found running a fake "Win a date with Rob Lowe" contest to trick attractive young women into going out with him. Naturally, this scene is now hysterically funny for a dozen reasons nobody involved could have imagined.
- Intended Audience Reaction: Yes, they couldn't possibly have made a movie this bad without doing it on purpose. And then they did it again and...
- Misaimed Hatedom: It seems that the majority of the people who hate the film think that killer tomatoes are too stupid an idea to take seriously, not understanding that it's not a serious film.
- Retroactive Recognition: George Clooney of all people
- So Bad, It's Good: Entirely on purpose.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Many people consider the second film better than the first.
- Values Dissonance: In the first movie the Intrepid Reporter is given the job because, among other reasons, she has a great ass. As the DVD Commentary notes, "You could say that in The Seventies!"