YMMV: Army Men
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Although the series was mostly hated by every professional reviewer in the world, they all agree that the music rocks.
- Army Men II's soundtrack was almost entirely made up of well-known classical pieces, and they worked really well.
- Evil Is Sexy: Bridgette Bleu, In-Universe as well.
- Nightmare Fuel: In Sarge's Heroes, you have to fight insects; since it was on the N64 and had so-so graphics, this only made the insects look unbelievably scary. Not to mention the fact that when they attacked or died they let out a screech that sounded like a dying bat. Especially the one roach in the game located behind the refrigerator who will scar you for life.
- Many of the "You Lose" cutscenes in the second game, Toys In Space, and the PC version of World War, special honors go to the hospital scene with the plastic zombies.
- Sequelitis: Oh so very much. After Air Combat, the series went downhill fast.
- It can be argued that Army Men RTS was an attempt to reverse the fortunes of 3DO and garnered decent reviews, but by the time the game came out the odds of a comeback were nil, and 3DO folded soon after.