- Base Breaker: Angela. And that's as far as we'll go to avoid flamebait, ladies and gents.
- Alissa. She's just joined, but she's getting loads of hate from people who claim she looks like an Avatar reject (due to her blue hair), she should just go back to her own group and let Johann Liiva or Angela Gossow sing... (Of course, Angela said that she was no longer interested in singing and wanted to move on with her life, but hey.)
- Face of the Band: An odd variation on this with the face of the band at first being Michael Amott (formerly of influential grindcore/melodeath band Carcass) who many saw as the band's only important member. However when Angela joined the band, she became the face of the group and Michael became an afterthought.
- Now that he's a member, Jeff Loomis is beginning to become this due to his already-present status as a modern guitar icon.
- Fan Discontinuity: Some fans choose to disregard anything from a certain era. There are those who believe that the group ended when Johann left, or that the group began when Angela joined, and now that she's leaving, they're leaving too.
- Internet Backdraft: State your preference on the Angela vs. Johann debate. I dare you...
- By the same respect, Angela vs Alissa - never mind that the two are good friends, and Angela allegedly hand-picked Alissa as her replacement.
- Tear Jerker: The lyrics to "My Apocalypse" are about coming to the end of your life and looking at what's left with great nihilism.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Angela's voice is so masculine that if you haven't been to any live concerts, or seen any music videos or pictures of the members, you might think she's a guy.