- Accidental Innuendo: "Darren checks the goalie! He likes what he sees."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: You wouldn't think you could feel so much for a character who's only been on-screen five minutes, but whenever someone wins, you can't help but feel good for them. And, of course:
- "I can run forever if we can run together!"
- Bolt Jenkins when he gives his gold medal to Kip Ngogo on account of their photo-finish victory in the 100 Metre Dash.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entire soundtrack, largely courtesy of 10CC's Graham Gouldman.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Dean Wilson the otter, for suure
- Tatyana is probably one of the most well known competitors in the show.
- Foe Yay: Canonical, as rival runners Kit and René have a pretty obvious thing for one another despite also wanting each other to lose pathetically. they end up tying for gold.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A track & field athlete called Bolt, who did exceptionally well in the 100m? Ironic Echo doesn't even begin to cover it!
- Tear Jerker: "Love's not for me"...
So when the race is won
And there's nothing left to do
But where are you?
- René's expression at that moment is heartbreaking.
- Some younger folks assume Henry Hummell is an expy of Ben Stein rather than Henry Kissinger and have to be gently corrected on that.