- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The ending.
- Magnificent Bastard: Leckie is the only spotless character in the film, who plants the seeds in Joshua's head that his family is about to come crashing down on top of him.
- Janine qualifies as well.
- Moral Event Horizon: Pope leering over a sleeping Nicky and then carrying her away, only to be disturbed by Joshua? Horrible. Encouraging a distraught Nicky to take an arm full of heroin after being dumped by Joshua (after it becomes apparent Pope suspected her of ratting to the police)? Reprehensible. Then taking a skagged-out Nicky and violently interrogating her, before strangling her and dumping the body in an alleyway? Utterly fucking unforgivable.
- Retroactive Recognition: For western audiences:
- Joel Edgerton became far more recognizable after signing up for projects such as Warrior, Zero Dark Thirty, The Great Gatsby, and Black Mass.
- Ben Mendelsohn went on to appear in The Dark Knight Rises, before gaining greater recognition for his performance in Bloodline. He also earned press after signing up for Rogue One.
- This may be the same case for Sullivan Stapleton as well.
- The Woobie: Jay certainly fits the bill as his uncles terrifying and abuse him left and right.
- Pope is actually more sympathetic here even as he's no less dangerous.