YMMV: Angel Sanctuary
- Crazy Awesome: Rosiel takes the cake. He had quite a different way of treating things before he went nuts. Although arguably huge parts of the principal cast are this.
- Draco in Leather Pants: The author was not really pleased that Yaoi Fangirls were willing to excuse any atrocity Sevotharte committed. Only after the character's true gender was revealed did the fans turn on her, despite that the same chapter also gave a Rape as Drama Freudian Excuse for her actions.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Due to the wide variety of characters, quite a lot. Katou is a notable example. Three Heroic Sacrifices aren't worth nothing, you know?
- Ho Yay: Has its own page.
- Jerkass Woobie: Sevothtarte.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A frequent complaint from the series' detractors. Kaori Yuki has done her research in creating a dark fantasy world loosely based on Christian Mysticism filled with lovable extras, epic battles, Awesome Art and pretty people who often go at least half-naked. So why why why are we spending so many pages watching Setsuna Wangst over his desperate need to stick it in his sister? And would she please either step up to the plate or at least stand still long enough for the heroes to rescue her so we can get back to saving the world already?
- The opposite is actually true - the love story between Setsuna and Sara was the actual plot of the manga. After all, Setsuna only pulled an Orpheus because he wanted his Eurydike (Sara) back and, well, things just... continued from there, but the fact that Setsuna and Sara wanted to be together and find each other was the red plot thread that went through the series.