- Hilarious in Hindsight: The film was able to predict the rise of China as a capitalist superpower, and the end of the USSR.
- Unintentional Period Piece: So very 1970s. The film basically takes place in a world where The '70s never ended, both in terms of the culture and in terms of the energy crisis. (Well okay, maybe they were right about the energy crisis part.)
- Values Resonance: Yes the film wasn't very enjoyable, but many of its themes are still very relevant:
- Energy shortages.
- America becoming a debtor nation.
- Foreign Competition with newer powers.