YMMV: Ambush Bug
- Crazy Awesome: The Bug is cool!
- Crosses the Line Twice: One memorable story has Ambush Bug trying to buy a fridge and having trouble because they're all filled with the murdered girlfriends of other superheroes:
Ambush Bug: Do you have any major appliances that don't come with a dead body in it?Saleslady: It's a standard feature. Have you checked out our compact fridge with built-in pygmy?
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Despite appearing only rarely nowadays, AB is still beloved by fans.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In the 1992 Ambush Bug: Nothing Special one-shot, Ambush Bug tries to take over Julius Scwhartz's job as DC's "Goodwill Ambassador". He's told that Julie has the job for life. Ambush Bug says he'll take it when Schwartz dies. The first time-cut is 12 years later, with Ambush Bug remarking on Julius Schwartz's uncanny longevity. In real life, Schwartz passed on in early 2004.
- Growing the Beard: The character became much better after the transformation into a Looney Tunes-esque lunatic, mostly around the comic where he switched bodies with Superman. Basically, if it's after his first two appearances, it'll be closer to the wacky wannabe hero.