- Black Comedy: While "Oasis" was already this, the crowd the one time she tried to sing it in minor key thought it was gut busting.
- Crazy Awesome: In the books of her fans, easily the best way to describe Mrs. Palmer.
- Commonwealth Countries Love Amanda Palmer: She has her fanbase in America, yes, but she's adored in Australia and, to a lesser extent, the UK.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: During the Evelyn Evelyn tour across Europe, the crew got stuck in a different country because of the Iceland volcano. Instead of using her crew, Amanda pulled two fans onto the stage to stay there throughout the show and hold the webcasting laptop. She also had the opening band Bitter Ruin play the theme from Clue on her keyboard, while she ran around the stage between the songs acting out the theatre parts by herself, "Tim Curry style". Because the show was supposed to be played together with Jason Webley (who couldn't make it either), Jason joined in over Skype, with his face, accordion and ukulele playing on a laptop screen being held up next to Amanda throughout the entire gig. Oh, and the entire thing was broadcast live over the internet, with Amanda constantly talking to her online fans and tweeting.
"The only element here that is not part of the actual Evelyn Evelyn show... is me drinking beer. * chugs* "
- "Fuck the Ashcloud" performance in Dublin
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The whole of the Glasgow show as mentioned above.
- The Oasis video, nuff said.
- "Map of Tasmania"
- Vegemite (The Black Death) for both lovers and haters of the spread in question.
- During a concert, she begins to play the first few lines of Rebecca Black's Friday. The fans in question sense doom, and one even shouts out "Don't you dare." She then proceeds into a VERY NSFW version of "Friday" that must be heard to believed.
- Amanda Palmer sings "The Most Amusing Tweets of the Year". It is glorious.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The flash mob wedding she organised for Neil Gaiman on his birthday, and, of course, their real wedding a few months later. You can read about the flash mob in her own words here.
- Ear Worm: "Map of Tasmania"
- Internet Backdraft: The whole 'Evelyn Evelyn' debacle. Oooh boy.
- Hell, just read the comments on any SPIN article about her. She has a really, really dedicated hatedom.
- Has the honor of having a dedicated "Controversies" section on The Other Wiki. The 2012 Theatre Is Evil crowdsourcing debacle especially spawned a fair amount of ire and commentary, her previously acquired detractors being all too keen to join in did not improve matters one bit.
- Memetic Mutation: "Map Of Tasmania" is becoming this is a huge way. Check it out here!
- Nightmare Fuel:
"It might destroy me
- Her love for theatrics and doll/clown makeup and costumes brings her into this category a lot.
- Intention of "Slide" = mildly creepy; Effect of "Slide" by the Dresden Dolls = really incredibly terrifying!!!
- ..."THE ORANGE MAN'S GOT YOOOOOOOOOOU."
- On the sheet music, she's got the final note listed as, "The saddest note in the world."
- "Lonesome Organist Rapes Page-Turner". And the fact that Amanda gets manic at various points in the song doesn't help.
- Don't stop there. While Amanda Palmer has said that Half-Jack was about far more than one subject, this troper had always thought that it was about a split personality in her (who just happened to be an authoritative male figure) who was forcing her to suicide.
But I'd sacrifice my body
If it means I'll get the Jack part out
- "Mrs. O" is pure terror about Holocaust denial from a teacher. Coupled with the bright chords that Amanda uses, it creates a nightmarish effect rivaling Coin-Operated Boy.
- Opinion Myopia: The SPIN.com community towards "Map of Tasmania" seems to feel this way. Take a look.
- So Bad, It's Good: Her "Poem for Dhzokhar", dedicated to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
- Yoko Oh No: The only famous creative person love interest that generates more rage would be Yoko herself.
YMMV / Amanda Palmer
Here's a list of YMMV tropes for Amanda Palmer.