YMMV: Allison Pregler
aka: Obscurus Lupa
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Friendly Fandoms: Unsuprisingly, her fandom and the majority of Phelous's fandom.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- In her Peewee's Playhouse Christmas Special review, Lupa, in a moment of Self-Deprecation, shows that all she gets is hate mail (with MarzGurl appearing to sort through all of it). This becomes a lot less funny after reading this post.
- Her packages from "Fuck Face" in her Christmas specials are a lot less funny as well given how she received letters sent to her home threatening to rape her.
- Growing the Beard: Though she was funny from the start, the 13 Seconds review really solidified the format, including the silly sketches and voices. Fittingly, she even draws a goatee on for her dual role at the end.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- The Black Ninja: "Rape is not funny!" Lupa, being a girl of her word, had an explosive Twitter feud with a fellow contributor over this same issue.
- There is also her being threatened with rape by posters angry at Lupa over the issue with Spoony. Rape is definitely not a laughing matter.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In the Linkara/Phelous crossover review of The AirZone Solution?, she makes repeated appearances, including one scene in which Linkara tries to get her to reenact a sex scene from the film. "Why is everyone on this site in love with me?" At present, she is dating one of the guys involved in the review... and it's not Linkara.
- When she was a guest commentator on What the Fuck Is Wrong with You?, she came up with the idea of a 'cannon that shoots confetti and streamers'. Considering her... history with bronydom, the fact that she came up with this more or less independently is friggin' hilarious.
- Her 100th episode was a review of her favorite movie, Evil Dead 2, and in the title card she is in the Ash getup, complete with chainsaw hand. The final survivor of Evil Dead (2013) is a redheaded girl with an Italian-sounding name (Mia, italian for 'Mine').
- To paraphrase someone on the TGWTG discussion thread, her video pretending to be a corporate shill for Disney during The Little Mermaid 2 is even funnier now that Disney owns Maker Studios, which owns Blip, which shows TGWTG videos.
- Internet Backdraft:
She voice her opinion like the uppity cunt she is. What a bitch. Women should keep their mouths shut and learn their place in society. Obscurus Lupa needs to either get back in the kitchen or start birthing some babies.
- Mentioning her name in YouTube's comments section leads to a lot of He-Man Woman Hater comments full of Unfortunate Implications (especially after she started dating Phelous and her feud with Spoony) that go way too far in attacking her. One such example from YouTube user whattheduck:
- A good example of this is the comments to this video.
- Calling Phoebe a whore in her Charmed reviews got some negative backlash on Tumblr. She clarified in her Charmed Season 6 review that it isn't how much sex Phoebe has that's the problem, it's that she dates so many men that she ends up treating like crap. She also has a habit of going on dates with men while having a boyfriend the instant said boyfriend is no longer in town without any sort of establishment of an open relationship.
- Iron Woobie/The Determinator: She's gotten a lot of hate from a Vocal Minority in Phelous's fandom for her relationship with him and has been sent death threats because of her feud with Spoony over the Rape Joke incident. Despite this, she still puts out videos on a regular basis and has a very friendly relationship with her fandom, who regard her as a Cool Big Sis in the TGWTG community.
- Mis-blamed: A lot of people who blame Lupa for allegedly kicking Spoony off of TGWTG either don't seem to realise or even care (or do know but want to attack her anyway) that Spoony himself has said Lupa did not get him fired.
In addition, quite a few people accuse her of being the one to tell Spoony to go and kill himself, when in reality it was Lord Kat who made the remark, and Allison went out of her way to tell people that wasn't cool the second she heard about Lord Kat's comment. Welshy puts the story straight here.
- Never Live It Down: She's become infamous for her role in Spoony's departure from Channel Awesome, despite assertions from others and Spoony himself that she wasn't to blame.
- Nightmare Fuel: The fact that she's had death and rape threats sent to her home is terrifying in addition to being heartbreaking. Made worse when you realise that they now know where she lives...
- Unpopular Popular Character: Her rendition of Eddie from Bay Watch. He's the ultimate Butt Monkey, and fans love him for it.
- X-Pac Heat: Due to her feud with Spoony over the Rape Joke incident. Subsided after both Channel Awesome and Spoony said that it wasn't Lupa's fault that he was removed from the site; although she still receives this in a far lesser degree due to her part in the events. This luckily has nearly subsided after she revealed she had been sent death threats over the feud with Spoony, which has caused considerable Hype Backlash for him and has meant people tend to criticise her work instead of her as a person.
- Yoko Oh No: Regarded by some as one for Phelous. This is a perception that particularly upsets Lupa, and she has said that she feels hesitant to do videos with Phelous as a result. Because her fans and the majority of Phelous' fandom approve of the relationship and that a lot of funny videos come from it, it becomes a case of Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
From one point of view, they now have a point, as Phelan quit Channel Awesome in protest of her firing (though granted he had been planning on leaving them for a while, and Lupa getting the axe was the tipping point for him).
- And now Phelous co-hosts every episode of Movie Nights and the podcasts, so you actually can't escape him.