YMMV: Alice's Restaurant
- Retroactive Recognition: M. Emmet Walsh, in his first film role, as a sergeant at Arlo's draft induction.
- Awesome Music: Not just the tune itself, but the fact that, in the 50 years that he's performed this song, Arlo consistently manages to recite 18+ minutes of dialogue and play an intricate guitar melody without missing a single note!
- At one performance, he actually forgot the words and managed to get by ad-libing random thoughts for several minutes while still playing the guitar flawlessly.
- Memetic Mutation: Supposedly the point of the whole thing.
Can you imagine, three people walking in, singin a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walking out. Then, friends, they may think it's a movement.
- Values Dissonance: Arlo says that if two people sing the song as protest, "they'll think you're a couple of faggots." That kind of language wouldn't fly in today's polite society.
"I don't care what the president says, unfortunately to a lot of people, that's still a problem!"
- Amended on the 30th anniversary performance of the song.
- Wild Mass Guessing: The main proponent of "Nixon's mising 18 minutes contains 'Alice's Restaurant'" is Arlo Guthrie himself.