YMMV: Alfie's Home
- Accidental Innuendo: Alfie's narration about his future home life: "I play with both my kids. We share a lot, spend time together, and touch in good ways."
- Bile Fascination: Why else would anyone read this?
- Narm: Uncle Pete's face looks absolutely hilarious when he's touching Alfie. Blame the Off Model drawings for that.
- Or as some people put it: "Oh no, Alfie's been molested by Conan O'Brien!"
- Squick: It's about a boy being molested; this is to be expected.
- Overshadowed By Controversy: Take a guess.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: There is a positive, uplifting message in this book, but it was mishandled and broke into a million pieces. Specifically that you can still lead a happy and normal life if you're molested as a child. However, the entire "homosexuality is a problem that must be cured, you're not really gay - just confused" shtick rather detracts from the overall positivity of any uplifting message intended.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Oh, so, so much. This book has caused controversy because of the implications.