- Fridge Horror: Cubby was released back into the wild. Without someone to protect them, cubs usually have a very short lifespan in the rugged Alaskan wilderness. Especially without a Mama Bear to guard them.
- Speaking of the mother bear, the scene where the poachers show the pelt with the head attached is pretty disturbing. It's even more disturbing when the poor cub is licking the muzzle while the poachers laugh at the scene.
- Not to mention the implication that they skinned the mother bear right in front of her cub.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The poacher is played by Charlton Heston, who would go on to become president of the NRA from 1998 to 2003.
- Jerkass Woobie: Yeah, Sean is an insufferable asshole but considering his mom died.
- Memetic Mutation: "I want that BEAR!"
- Moral Event Horizon: After the poachers killed a mother polar bear, they tease the cub by flailing the mother's hide right in front of the cub's cage for fun.
- The Scrappy: Sean, despite losing his mother, him taking his anger on everyone including his own dad loses sympathy.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Sean